A new year means a new start. Each new year is exciting for me because I get more and more independent. I have a lot of say in what my school and therapy goals are because I am getting into adulthood.
Here is my lists of personal goals for 2021:
- I want to be able to type on my iPad and chromebook independently for academics instead of using my letter board.
- I want to find more leisure things I can do on my own without help.
- I want to make and follow my daily schedule myself.
- I want to spend more time cooking.
- I want to get stronger to help my arms feel better when I type.
- I want to spend more time with friends.
- I want to do better with a morning routine.
- I need more time with my therapists.
- I want to have more advocacy opportunities.
- I really need more time out of the house again.
2020 came with a lot of bad, but it also came with a lot of good. I have had more struggles with my mental health because of all of the time at home. I have also been far more successful in school because of the online format. I get to be with peers, but also be safe. I am excited to see what the new year brings and to see my progress. Any goals I set for myself I know I can accomplish because I am determined and have great support.