I am looking to do more advocacy work. To start, I want to write a blog post, compiling the thoughts of many non-speakers. I want to look at a variety of areas, especially focusing on topics surrounding daily living.
Here is a list of questions I came up with. Please only answer them if you are a non-speaker and would like your thoughts included. If you would like to remain anonymous, that is fine, please let me know in your response! To respond, please comment on this post answering the questions or send your responses directly or privately via Facebook. If there are any questions you do not want to or do not feel comfortable answering, it is okay to leave them blank.
- What is your name?
- Would you like to be anonymous or have your name listed in my post?
- How old are you?
- How long have you been spelling?
- How does school work best for you? Do you prefer in-person, zoom, homeschool, a hybrid, or something else?
- What therapies do you receive? How do you feel it impacts your spelling?
- How much socialization do you have with other spellers?
- How has social time with other spellers been impactful for you?
- How do you feel about ABA therapy?
- What do you plan to do after high school?
- What is your ideal living arrangement for adulthood?
Thank you for taking your time to answer!